Musique est une femme is a video competition within the project under the same name Musique est une femme, organised by the foundation TAK-Temat Aktualny Kultura /Poland, Handelsbeurs Concert Hall/Belgium, Molyvos International Music Festival/Greece, and the Cēsis Concert Hall/Latvia. Musique est une femme is co-funded by the European Union within the programme Creative Europe.
Although women have been writing music for centuries, their output has always been considered less important. Till recently, they have never had the same professional opportunities as their male peers. Musique est une femme wants to highlight the heritage of women composers and the debate about the stereotypes around the creative capacities of women. Contribute to the online discussion about unfairly forgotten music composed by women before the beginning of the XX century. Submit a video on the topic of the heritage of women composers and/or stereotypes around the composing capabilities of women. Express your opinion in the form of a short video, or just a meme. It can be a look at the stereotypes, or you could give your impressions upon discovering a great female composer, or you might focus on some interesting details of her life. Decide on your own form and content.
Participation in the competition is free.
Deadline for submission: 15 April 2020
The new schedule for the online voting will be announced when the end of the restrictions due to coronavirus will be planned.
In total, 4 monetary prizes will be awarded.
1 st prize: € 550
2 nd prize: € 450
3 rd prize: € 350
The public vote winner will receive € 650.
1. The video must not exceed 20 minutes. Any submitted entry of a longer length will not be considered. The length of the video will not influence the evaluation result. Very short videos will be given the same consideration as longer ones. The evaluation criteria are set out in point 10 of these specifications.
2. Each participant can submit up to three videos in the competition. The videos should be delivered in common video formats like AVI, mp4, preferably in high resolution HD 1080p or HD 720p.
3. The video should not have any inappropriate content, language or imagery (no violence, racist comments, pornographic or personal attacks on people or organisations, etc.).
4. The video can be in any format (e.g. animation, documentary, music video, dynamic infographic, etc.) and you can choose from various possibilities, for instance a video with no dialogue, a video with voiceover, film using subtitling, and other.
5. Any EU language can be used in the video. Video entries not submitted in English must be accompanied by sub-titles in English to guarantee wide understanding.
6. Eligibility criteria
As a participant you must fulfil all the following conditions:
a. You must be a citizen of one of the Member States of the European Union.
b. You must be over 12 years of age. If you are between 12 and 18 years of age, you need to submit the scan of the signed permission of your parent or an officialguardian to the mail address email@example.com
7. Should a winning video be the result of a team effort, the team shall appoint one representative among its members to whom the prize will be awarded.
8. The videos will be judged, by an evaluation committee consisting of two representatives of each of the partners of the consortium realizing the project Music est une femme. The public vote winner will be a participant who will receive the highest number of digital votes during the online voting from 9 April 2020 until 8 May 2020
9. The winners will be publicly announced by name on the website of the leader of the project www.fundacjatak.pl . Their names can be also announced on the websites and social media of any of the partner organisations. The winners will be also notified by mail. If any potential Winner fails to respond to the organizer’s notification within seven calendar days, the organizer reserves the right to choose a different potential competition winner. Participants agree that the Organizer shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential Competition Winner.
10. Videos will be evaluated against the following criteria:
a. Message content of the video submissions: Originality of the content and its capacity to touch the general public.
b. The conceptual innovation of the video submitted.
c. Overall presentation.
11. To enter the contest, you must complete the online Registration Form and upload your film. By entering this competition, you confirm that you are eligible to participate and that you accept these terms and conditions.
12. The Jury’s decision is final in every situation.
13. The organisers reserve the right not to display a submitted video if it is judged to be of insufficient quality
14. Any attempt by a participant to influence the result or subvert the contest will lead to immediate disqualification.
15. The Organizer reserves the right to modify or cancel the contest or any of the arrangements at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary in its opinion.
16. Participants agree to indemnify and hold the Organizers harmless from any third party claims for prejudice or liability suffered as a result of or in any manner in connection with your video entry, any other of your acts or omissions or any information which you provided.
17. Participants declare that the work submitted is an original work and does not infringe any third party’s rights such as copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets including musical composition or performance rights, video rights or image rights.
18. Participants must have permission from all recognisable people who appear in his/her video, regardless of their age. If requested, Participants must be able to provide proof of such permission permission for an adult, permission for a minor If the video contains the likeness of anyone who is a minor (under the age of 18), the participant should have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so for this Competition.
19. Authors grant the contest organizer a non-exclusive, free-of-charge, perpetual, worldwide licence to:
a. store, use and re-use the video, in whole or in part;
b. integrate and incorporate the video or its part into any existing or future work of the Organizer for promotional purposes, while indicating the author;
c. distribute copies and cause the distribution of the video for promotional purposes;
d. display and broadcast the video publicly;
e. communicate the video to the public by any means including but not limited to telecommunication and electronic publication,
20. The video submitted for the contest, together with all the rights pertaining to it – including, where applicable, copyright, image rights, video rights and any other intellectual property right – is under the control of the Author whose rights are valid and legally existing, and Organizer does not acquire any ownership rights in the Work.
21. The exercise of the rights granted to the Organizer hereunder is subject to the display by the Organizer of the following notice in due acknowledgement of the Author: © Author, Year
22. The participants bear the sole liability in case of claim relating to their activities carried out in the framework of the contest.
23. PRIVACY STATEMENT: By participating in the Competition, Participants acknowledge that they have read and accepted this privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here. Participants will be asked to tick a box to agree to the Privacy Statement of this competition to be able to submit their inscription. Participants agree that personal data including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (“Personal Data”) may be:
a. collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by the organizer or any party authorized by them, for the purposes of conducting and administering the Competition or the Prize(s).
b. used to verify a Participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number, as well as to deliver the applicable Competition Prize.
c. used to contact a Participant in response to any question submitted by such Participant.
d. shared by the organizer or any party authorized to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Organizer, and to protect and defend Organizer’s rights or property.
e. Winners’ entries and names may be published online. Additionally, we ask participants to note that:
The data Administrator and the data controller is the foundation TAK- Temat Aktualny Kultura as the Organizer. Participants personal data will remain in the foundation TAK Temat Aktualny Kultura database until the results of the competition have been published and usefully exploited.
Participants have a right of access to verify which personal data is stored, have it modified, corrected or deleted. Participants may withdraw their consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update their contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. Participants will receive a confirmation notice once their changes have been processed. Participants who request that their details be deleted or withdraw consent during the course of the Competition accept that this will automatically terminate their participation in the Competition. To exercise such rights, Participants may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org